Have you ever spent sleepless nights gazing at the stars wondering where you'll be in a year?
Have you ever wondered what you really want, after all?
If so, you know how I've been feeling lately. I'm beginning to think the hardest part of college might be deciding what to do after you're done. I used to say, "I don't know where I'll be in five years" and now I can honestly say, "I haven't the foggiest clue where I'll be in one year." Even though I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing, I do know Who will be with me. I find that knowledge makes all the difference. My father used to say,
The Lord wants us to get it right more than we do. If we really want to know His will, He'll move heaven and earth to show it to us.Looking back over my short life I'm amazed by how unpredictable it's been. Three times the course of my world has changed in a single afternoon. If my future shares anything with my past, then it'll be an incredible adventure. I'm not afraid as I consider all the possible paths before me, for I know the One who is standing next to me, and He's holding my hand. I can rely on Him to show me which road is best, and if I lean on Him, He'll never let me falter. Life is an exciting adventure when lived in Him. Jabe Nicholson once said,
When people complain that they don't know the Lord's will for their life, I often ask, 'Oh don't you? Don't you really?' I have never met a person who has not known what the Lord wants them to do for the next day. He always shows us the next step. The question really is, 'Will we take it?'I'm excited to take these next steps as I rely on the One who cannot fail. I'm excited to be in a position where I have to trust Him for my future. I'm excited to see new aspects of His character as I start a journey with Him. When I gaze at the stars at night, I still don't know where I'll be in a year, but I don't need to know. All I need is the Lord Jesus Christ, and all I want is to be able to say without hypocrisy, "For me to live is Christ and I know Him, the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. I know Him." And that's all I need to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment