Tuesday, June 17, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog--That is the Question

Over a year ago I contemplated the idea of starting my own blog. If you know me at all, you know I’m a hopeless people-person and love feedback from friends. With mixed feelings I asked my best friend, “If I was to have a blog, what should I name it?” Her response was chillingly realistic “I-Don’t-Have-Time-To-Do-This-So-I’m-Not.” I have a year left before donning the cape and gown of regal graduates and try to juggle numerous and diverse responsibilities with questionable success. The idea of adding yet another activity seemed unwise, to say the least. Bowing to superior wisdom, my blogging aspirations were put on hold only to be reexamined when a friend brought up the issue recently. Before you start anything in life it’s a good idea to think through the motivation behind it and its inevitable implications. After all, we only have so much time and ought to spend it wisely.

Quite frankly, the reason I vacillated so much was because I doubted what I had to offer the world of bloggers. Unlike some of my distinguished friends, I don’t have a message to revolutionize my generation, I’m not an accomplished photographer, and I'm most certainly not an eloquent writer. Why should I blog? What would I talk about? Would I be reduced to mindlessly discussing what I ate for breakfast?


Obviously, I decided to blog. The turning point in my internal debate was the realization that there is one thing I could write about that'd be worthwhile. Although I’m an ordinary girl, I have an extraordinary God. He has been so faithful to me and my relationship with Him is the most important thing in my life. This blog will be dedicated to my ramblings as I discover truths about Him in my Bible reading, see His faithfulness in my life, and revel in the hope I have in Him. If you decide to read, welcome to the world of my thoughts!

2 comments:

Hunner said...

Hey cool. I'm sure that if you post what fills your mind then the direction and purpose of your blogging experience will come naturally.

Alex said...

Well, I'll sure enjoy reading this - however often you use it. :)